Lots of claims have been made about Jesse Sullivan since he entered the race for Governor. People are right to be skeptical – they’ve been deceived by politicians for too long. So, here are the facts:
- Jesse Sullivan is from Illinois. He was born May 5, 1984 at St. John’s Hospital in Springfield, Illinois.
- Sully has lived full-time in Petersburg, Illinois since June of 2016.
- Sully did once live in California… for two years of business school, and less than a year longer while his wife finished up the academic year teaching at a local high school.
- Sully bought farmland with a plot for his future house in 2012 because he always planned to raise his kids in his hometown.
- Sully didn’t move back to run for governor, he moved back in 2016 because his father was diagnosed with cancer. Sully has always prioritized Faith, Family, and Service.
- Sully established a for-profit entity, Alter Global LLC, to invest seed money into early-stage start-ups. Alter Global LLC is based in Illinois. It is registered in Delaware, like most all LLCs, as well as Illinois. It has never been registered in CA.
- Sully previously started a nonprofit, Alter Global, while living in California in 2015, before he started doing for-profit investing. He registered the nonprofit in Illinois as well when he got home.
Sully is no outsider to Illinois and its values, but he is an outsider to its corrupt politics. We know attacks will keep coming. We’ll keep being honest and transparent. We hope all who aspire to public office will do the same.